Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I declare a French & Francophone Studies Major or Minor?
- Please see Professor Jean-Claude Carron during scheduled office hours or set up an appointment via email.
- How do I get a tutor?
- Please send your tutor request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will go to our graduate students. Available grad students will contact you.
- Will the classes of the Travel Study program Paris count toward my degree?
- Yes, as they would on campus.
- Will EAP courses count towards my Major or Minor?
- Yes, assuming that the course content satisfies the program requirements. In case of doubt, please contact Professor Jean-Claude Carron during scheduled office hours or set up an appointment via email.
Please note that we cannot pre-approve classes taken through Study Abroad. We encourage students to study abroad through EAP, since the EAP programs are UC approved. While abroad, participants should be in close contact with the departmental Director of Undergraduate Studies. Upon return you should petition the courses you have taken for approval.
- Where can I find classes being offered during future quarters?
- Please see the tentative course listings in the UCLA Schedule of Classes. Course descriptions for the following quarter are also usually available on our courses page.
- How do I apply to the graduate program?
- Please visit the Graduate Division website for the application and information regarding our program.
- Where is the Department of French & Francophone Studies located?
- The Department of French & Francophone Studies is located in the iconic Royce Hall. Administrative offices are located in 212 Royce Hall.
UCLA Department of French & Francophone Studies
212 Royce Hall, Box 951539
Los Angeles, CA 90095